O.K. I’m here now and I’m doing something. My left-over bead stash from Bead and Button is affording me some time to work on something silly–one of these creature type things. Unlike the others, this one will not have a detatchable head. It will simply be a creature unto itself similar to this bird, I hope. I have no idea what the creature will look like, only that it will have two eyes, a mouth, a body of some kind, a certain number of feet and little brain slugs attatched to it’s head area. Like the others this one will be constructed out of beads, wire and lead solder.The best way to go about constructing something like this, especially if you don’t know what you’re trying to achieve is simply to make lots and lots of potential body parts and strat trying to fit them together. Don’t get married to any particular part–I love the mouth I made but I dont know how it’s going to fit with the other parts. If it does not fit it may have to be forsaken for a long, tubular mouth with a tongue hanging out of it. The goal here is to have a creature that stands up and has as little wire as possible showing.
So yesterday was part day #1. Here’s a larger view of what I made. 2 eyes, 2 feet, 3 brain slugs, 3 spacers, 1 mouth, 1 body and one collar bead. Right now I think the “head” will be eyes on stalks and the body will look like a slug or a snail except with feet. Probably not those feet, though. Bird feet are good because they provide a lot of balance but I’m not liking them for the slug.
Anyway, I’ll fit together what I can and then make a bunch more parts today. I think I’m leaning toward tongue pink and turquoise for the main colors. Hopefully I’ll be able to explain it’s eventual construction. Hopefully this will work.